I will add additional information to this page when I get a chance. If you have a specific question about a resource we discussed, email me and let me know. Also if you find a resource that you think is helpful - please comment or forward it so that I can post it for everyone.
Have a great summer!
Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- Link to the complete text of CFR 1910.120 Hazardous waste operations and emergency response regulations
- Link to the complete text of CFR 1910.132 Personal Protective Equipment regulations
- Link to the complete text of CFR 1910.134 Respiratory Protection regulations
- OSHA publications listing https://www.osha.gov/pls/publications/publication.html
- The new Hazard Communications Standards https://www.osha.gov/dsg/hazcom/index.html
- Respiratory Protection topics page https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/respiratoryprotection/index.html
- OSHA Respiratory Safety Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzpz5fko-fg
- A copy of the 1985version of the "Occupational Safety and Health Guidance Manual for Hazardous Waste Site Activities" broken into pdf files and "prepared solely for posting to the Internet." Old but still interesting.
- OSHA enforceable permissible exposure limits (PELs) index https://www.osha.gov/dsg/topics/pel/index.html
- Chemical Hazards and Toxic Substances https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/hazardoustoxicsubstances/index.html
NYSDOT Dangerous Plants pages https://www.dot.ny.gov/dangerous-plants We have Giant Hogweed around here! That stuff is nasty - make sure you know what it looks like!
The United Nation's Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) 4th edition http://www.unece.org/trans/danger/publi/ghs/ghs_rev04/04files_e.html
U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)
- The DOT 2012 Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) http://phmsa.dot.gov/hazmat/library/erg
- and here is the direct link for the app version
- DOT Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration Publications and Training Modules webpage (including the placarding chart) http://phmsa.dot.gov/hazmat/training/publications
Chemical Safety Board
- Experimenting with Danger - Laboratory Safety Video
- After the Rainbow - video on preventing accidents in high school chemistry laboratories (you need to show this to our prospective high school chemistry teachers!)
Jeff's contribution :) - Video Hazmat Highway to Hell with High Pressure Gas Cylinders
NIOSH Respirator Selection Logic 2004 document
NIOSH Poisonous Plants http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/plants/