Thursday, September 3, 2015

The United States of America According to Geologists

Okay - this cracked me so I had to share. Via Earth Magazine ...


I have to confess though - I am an outlier. I am a geologist but I don't like beer. Shush!  Don't tell the AGU.

When the GSA met in Utah for the first time since 1975, I found it pretty funny to watch the herds of geologists wandering around the streets of Salt Lake trying to find a bar (they were "private clubs" and you had to be a member to be allowed in to drink - alcohol laws were very weird then). Things loosened up considerably by the 2005 meeting, though the liquor laws are still pretty odd there.



Go see the rest of the world at
 http://www.earthmagazine.org/article/hazardous-living-maps-according-geologists

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.