Friday, January 24, 2014

Ottoline and the Yellow Cat by Chris Riddell

Ottoline and the Yellow Cat 
by Chris Riddell 
Published: Harper Collins Children's Books
Format: Hardback
Copyright: 2007
Pages: 172
Genre: Children's Fiction
Source: own book
"A string of daring burgluries has taken place in Big City, and precious lapdogs are disappearing. Who is behind this crime wave ?"
 
Ottoline goes to School
by Chris Riddell 
Published: Harper Collins Children's Books
Format: Hardback
Copyright: 2008
Pages: 172
Genre: Children's Fiction
Source: own book
"Ottoline Brown and her best friend, Mr. Munroe, are going away to school ... and they're not scared in the least - even it is haunted." 

Cousin It
I have just discovered Ottoline. Ottoline is a young girl who lives in an apartment on the 24th floor of the Pepperpot Building with Mr. Monroe, who looks remarkably like Cousin It from the Addams Family when he puts on his disguise. Her mother and father are collectors who travel the world to get new items for their collections. Ottoline likes "solving tricky problems and working out clever plans." She has an odd shoe collection and one other collection that is very special to her (but you have to turn to page 45 if you want to see it).

The stories are rather short, but the artwork is quite fantastic as you can see. I can't really describe much about them without giving the stories away.I prefer the first book to the second.  There is a third, but we don't have that one yet.  I can't wait to read them to my daughter.  She is on her first sleepover and I am quietly going nuts missing her. I give the first book four claws and the second three and a half. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.