Friday, March 20, 2015

The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer will be on PBS!

I mentioned have mentioned Siddhartha Mukherjee's The Emperor of All Maladies before, but I know that some people find it intimidating not only for the subject matter but also due to its shear size. Well - good news !  Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies, a three part documentary based on the book, is coming to PBS March 30, 31and April 1st (9pm).

THE STORY OF CANCER: The Emperor of All Maladies examines cancer with a cellular biologist’s precision, a historian’s perspective and a biographer’s passion. The series artfully weaves three different films in one: a riveting historical documentary; an engrossing and intimate vérité film; and a scientific and investigative report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.