Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bout of Books 11 Create a Sentence Challenge

Today Book Reviews from Christian Gal 
is hosting the Create a Sentence Challenge, which is as follows

For this challenge, I want you to pick some awesome books out and make a sentence with the first two words from each of your books.  I have tried this myself and it can be a little tricky because the lack of verbs in the first two words of the book.  Therefore, you can add another word that is not from the first two words of the books if you wish.  The more ridiculous, the better.  


So here are my words:

The sofa
The Silk
Serene was
Ever since
Ida Minerva 
Feathers fell

From ... 
  • What We Found in the Sofa and How it Saved the World by Henry Clark
  • Traveling the Silk Road: Ancient Pathway to the Modern World by Mark Norell, Denise Patry Leidy, and the American Museum of Natural History with Laura Ross.  
  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
  • Dragonwings by Laurence Yep 
  • Ida M. Tarbell: The Woman Who Challenged Big Business – And Won! by Emily Arnold McCully
  • The Peculiar by Stefan Bachmann


From which I get  (with added words in italics) ...

 
Ida was ever serene since Minerva fell on the silk feathers on the sofa. 


or how about ... 


 Ida said "Minerva was serene ever since the silk feathers fell on the sofa."


Hummm, Ida, I must confess, is giving me trouble.

or perhaps ?  ...

Serene was the silk and feathers sofa, ever since the Minerva fell for Ida.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.