Sunday, August 17, 2014

Bout of Books 11 Signup and Goals post

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.  
- From the Bout of Books team

Oops - I totally forgot Bout of Books 11 starts tomorrow. All heck has been breaking loose this past week with broken bones (minor and not me), broken internet and general chaos - so this is gonna be my least organized goal list yet! Um go me ?  So this is my combo signup and goals posts.

Oh dog - I am 766 - my lamest number as well.  Well, at least it will be easy to remember. Update - Wow - somehow I am now 762. Weird, I don't remember that ever happening before.

 

My Goals

Anyhow - my major goal for this Bout of Books is simply going to be to read at least one book along with my son for discussion and critical analysis (i.e. he and I both separately read chapters and discuss, along with investigating some external references as well). We have a couple chosen that are possibilities - Bud, Not Buddy and Dragonwings - though others might pop up as well. The latter choice is my preference since we are also going to read about Ancient China and the Silk Road.

I will list whatever I do manage to read here and add links to reviews as I manage them.

I will also try to play along with at least a couple of the challenges.

Monday 8/18
Done ! Book Scavenger Hunt -- The Book Monsters

Tuesday 8/19
Done ! Book Spine Poetry -- My Little Pocketbooks

Wednesday 8/20
Done ! Create a Sentence -- Book Reviews from Christian Gal

Thursday 8/21
Like This, Try This -- Writing My Own Fairy Tale

Friday 8/22
Recreate a Book Cover -- Spines and Covers
Book Chain -- Christian Bookshelf Reviews

Saturday 8/23
Spell It Out -- Kimberly Faye Reads

Sunday 8/24
5 Books -- Falling Down the Book Hole

 

Updates

Monday
Pages read today:163
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've finished: 1
Books Finished Today: The View from Saturday by E. L. Konigsburg - Children's Fiction 1997 Newbery Medal

Tuesday
Pages read today: 295
Total pages: 458 
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've finished: 2
Books Finished Today: The Heist by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg (blergh!)

Wednesday 
Pages read today: 24 + 32 = 56 (I mostly read news articles instead)
Total pages: 614
Number of books I've read today: 2
Total number of books I've finished: 2
Books Finished Today: none :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.