Thursday, August 21, 2014

Car treking across the universe ...

always going forwards because we cannot find reverse.


I am going on a short vacation car trip and will be out of internet access for a while so  in lieu of a sensible post I give you ... 

Morty the Corpse Flower !  
Yes - Corpse Flowers are a real thing. I was amazed it came up in The Heist an otherwise totally forgettable book. They are native to the rainforests of Sumatra, Indonesia and are famous for their horrible smell, like rotting flesh, while in bloom. Corpse Flowers can bloom every 6-10 years and the one at the Buffalo Botanical Gardens bloomed this month. And yes, they smell terrible when they are in full bloom.


To offset Morty, here is some jasmine, which smells absolutely heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.