Sunday, March 2, 2014

Take Control of Your TBR Pile March 2014 Challenge


Take Control 2014
So, in a complete attack of cluelessness, I will take on the Take Control of Your TBR Pile March 2014 Challenge, albeit a day late (oops, sorry). I will try to take at least 5 books off of my TBR pile this month at least two of which need to be nonfiction. Lame goal but I seem to be having a terrible time with challenges that feel like a homework assignment. I did already complete one book that qualifies. I blasted though Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger yesterday. It was my reward for a lousy week and was on the top of my TBR pile. Perhaps a start like that will inspire me to do great things for my TBR pile. Well actually perhaps my goal should simply be to keep my pile from growing this month - I acquire new books like they were oxygen. So, if I pledge not to add anything until I have read something, that would in fact be an accomplishment for me.

According to the rules ... Beginning March 1st, 2014 and ending March 31, 2014 at midnight read books from your TBR pile ALL books must have been published before March 2014. Post a review. 

  1. Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger 
  2. Soulless by Gail Carriger
  3. Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman (it may be a children's book but I am totally counting it. I won't enter it though.)
  4. Lake Effect by Nancy A. Nichols  
  5. Some Like it Hawk by Donna Andrews
  6. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline  
  7. Field Notes from A Catastrophe: Man, Nature and Climate Change by Elizabeth Kolbert
  8. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.