Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 Full House Reading Challenge

Since I stunk so badly last year at remembering to link things for challenges, I am limiting the number I am participating in this time around.

One of the few that I am going for this year is the 2015 Full House Reading Challenge hosted by Book Date.

I had lots of fun working out how to fill in each box and, if I had not lost my mind around the end of August, I would have completed the challenge - I had only four boxes left - including free choice! - all of which were easy and I read books that qualified for all of them. So, here's to another go at it! (Argh! and if I had realized that I didn't have to have reviews posted for all of them, I would have entered since I had completed the full house. Sigh. Well, now I know better.)

The Challenge: Complete the card below.  You can do it in any order you wish.  You are allowed "one free exchange", if there is something on the square you really dislike you may change it to something of your choice. Once you have played this free card that is it. Mention the exchange in the final summary post.



The Books
  1. Library Book
  2. Novella The Seventh Bride by T. Kingfisher
  3. Author outside of your own country The Three Body Problem by Cixin Liu, and translated by Ken Liu
  4. Won or borrowed
  5. 2nd book or more in a series - Waistcoats and Weaponry by Gail Garriger
  6. A top book of 2015 for you 
  7. Setting that you now want to visit 
  8. Book by an author you really like a bunch of books by Terry Pratchett 
  9. Book set in northern hemisphere - The Secret Rooms by Catherine Bailey
  10. Been on your TBR pile 'forever' 
  11. You heard about the book online
  12. Award Winning Ancillary Justice (Imperial Radch) by Ann Leckie
  13. Free Choice
  14. Debut novel by author 
  15. Published in 2014 The Eye of Zoltar by Jasper Fforde
  16. Set in the southern hemisphere
  17. First in a series A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan
  18. Published 2000 - 2013 
  19. Published pre-2000 The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  20. Type of book you rarely or never read
  21. Published in 2015 Castle Hangnail by Ursula Vernon
  22. A Keeper 
  23. Outstanding hero or heroine The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison
  24. Author new to you
  25. You love the cover 
This year I am going to try to remember to pay attention to the challenges so that when I complete them, I actually manage to get the virtual kudos for doing so !

Well - I blew that didn't I - It's the end of May and I haven't added anything in ages.

 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome again, I am so sad that you missed out on linking for the Full House - but 2015 could be your year! I am doing a lot of challenges this year and I think the hardest part will be to remember rules, linking and who links and who doesn't!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.