Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Post July 6

The Sunday Post The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer

I haven't had a chance to do one of these in ages! So far summer has been flying by in a wave of work, kids, swimming and reading, just not as much action on the blog.

Both of the kids are signed up in the library's summer reading program. I don't know if I am going get any reviews out of the them, but I am going to extract thumbs up/thumbs down out of them for each of the books they read. My little Leopard has discovered Mo Willems' Elephant and Piggie books - definite thumbs up. The Pigeon Needs a Bath! is also a thumbs up - Pigeon takes baths an awful lot like my daughter :) My son has been reading Harry Potter (thumbs way up) but is taking a bit of a break because he was getting a little too emotionally invested. Right now he is reading the first book in The Dragonology Chronicles: The Dragon's Eye. We'll see how that goes.

This past week I wrote reviews for ...
 And managed one meme post ... 

I have no idea what I am going to accomplish this week.

2 comments:

  1. We love the Mo Willems books around here too! I'll have to look for The Pigeon Needs a Bath. I've read the current favorite - The Pigeon Wants a Puppy so many times I basically have it memorized. Yay on your son reading Harry Potter! It's so fun to have kids that are readers! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter loves to make the faces of the characters while reading the stories - it is a hoot. I believe that I could recite Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus in my sleep, though Where the Wild Things Are still holds the house record - she had me read it over and over a dozen times. Eek!

      Thanks! You too!

      Delete

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.