Saturday, January 11, 2014

Book Staging Challenge For Bout of Books

Midnight Book Girl hosts the Book Staging Challenge for Bout of Books ...

Book Staging Challenge
Description:  You know how real estate agents will stage an apartment to attract potential buyers?  Well, that’s what you’re going to do to a book!

Rules:  Take a picture of a book you’re reading today, or any book you have lying around.  In the picture you should have the book in a setting, or surrounded by items, that represent the book.  It can mimic the cover, or represent characters/events/etc from the story.  Basically, make us want to read the book based on picture alone.

So here you go ... (I just saw that other people were using black and white photos for effect and I liked it, so I swapped in a sepia tinted photo for a more historic feel, the color image is down below)

 
The book I chose is Elizabeth Peters' Crocodile on the Sandbank 
Around it in the picture are: the Egyptian Book of the Dead, an umbrella (which really should be a sturdy black brolly, but I don't have one of those), a board game called Treasures of the Lost Pyramid (which is a little bit of a cheat - they weren't really looking for a pyramid, but they talked about them a lot and lost treasure was important in the story), a pith helmet, a little DK book about Ancient Egypt, a nice book about Tutankhamun turned to the page with Akhenaten, who does figure in the story, and a 'treasure bag' with some small bits of nummulitic foraminifera limestone, like the stone from which the pyramids at Giza were constructed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.