Friday, January 10, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Create a Story Challenge

Bout of Books 9.0 Create a Story Challenge

The rules are simple:
  1. Open your current book to the last page you read.
  2. Using the last word of every line, create a poem or story. You must use every word (but they do not have to be in order), and you may add punctuation as necessary. If a word is split between the end of the line and the beginning of the next one, you may choose whether or not to use it.
  3. Create a post (or tweet or video) that showcases your masterpiece.

Right now that would be Jewels: A Secret History (called Buried Treasure in the UK) by Victoria Finlay.

I had to go back two pages, since the last page I read had five sentences on it : Electric gemstone of had picked  ... not much to work with there ... Had picked gemstone of electric.  Not much fun for me.

So off of page 44 we have: 

of  workers no support rain miracle and activity of  church makers the in in depicted dyestuff amber Mariusz from Pope an to the however the special beaches the a shines light fossilized electricity

(italics in original)

From which I fashioned this poem ... 

Of the church makers from the Pope, 
miracle and activity.

Rain in the beaches, 
no support. 

However, 
to Mariusz shines an electricity. 

The workers of dyestuff 
depicted fossilized light
in a special amber. 


Hope you like it.

I am going to try to get my son to do this with the book he is reading today (Skeleton Creek: The Raven).  It should be interesting. 




2 comments:

  1. I love your poem! I can visualize each line perfectly and each one reads like a small scene. Wasn't this a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes it was fun. I am trying to convince my son to do this today.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.