The 2014 TBR Pile Challenge hosted by Roof Beam Reader
The Goal: To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months).
1. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2013 or later (any book published in the year 2012 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
Monthly Check-Ins: On the 15th of each month, I’m going to post a “TBR Pile Check-In.” This will allow participants to link-up their reviews from the past month and get some recognition for their progress. There will also be small mini-challenges and giveaways to go along with these posts (Such As: Read 6 books by the June Check-in and be entered to win a book of your choice!).
My 2014 TBR Pile Challenge List:
1. Jewels: A Secret History by Victoria Finlay (2006) (Currently Reading)
2. Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in Space by Mary Roach (2010)
3. Silent Spring by Rachel Carson (1962)
4. The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan (1995)
5. Uranium: War, Energy, and the Rock That Shaped the World by Tom Zoellner (2009)
6. Cadillac Desert by Marc Reisner (1993)
✓ 7. The Disappearing Spoon by Sam Kean (2010)
8. Uncle Tungsten: Memories of a Chemical Boyhood by
✓ 9. Field Notes from a Catastrophe by Elizabeth Kolbert (2006)
10. Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky(2002)
11. Four Fish: The Future of the Last Wild Food by
12. Moby-Duck: The True Story of 28,800 Bath Toys Lost at Sea by
1. Beneath the Sands of Egypt: Adventures of an Unconventional Archaeologist by Donald Ryan (2010)
2. Enchanted Glass by Diana Wynne Jones (2010)
My Progress: 2 of 12 Completed