Thursday, January 9, 2014

Found Poem Challenge - Bout of Books 9.0

Right - so I have been less than thrilled with the last couple of books I started reading.  At the moment I have given up on them in disgust and pulled out a non-fiction book I haven't read by an author whose work I have previously enjoyed in order to get the bad taste out of my brain. 

Also the Found Poem Challenge sounded like fun - so here is my book ... 

 
Jewels: A Secret History (called Buried Treasure in the UK) by Victoria Finlay.  Her previous book Color: A Natural History of the Palette was great. 
 

These are the words I got using 5, except I cheated a little on step two - rather than deleting two words and adding my own I used an adjacent word three times (so that I didn't end up with a plethora of articles - the, the, ):

ancient for in amber natural away nation fate Phaeton joyrider sisters chariot said on

And here is my poem:

In natural amber 
sisters for fate said  ...
ancient nation
joyrider Phaeton
on chariot 
away

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.