Friday, April 11, 2014

2014 Classic YA/MG Challenge

I just found out about this via The Bookwyrm's Horde and it sounded like lots of fun, so I have signed up for the Midnight Garden's Classic YA Readalong: February 2014

The commitment:
  • read at least 8 classic YA or MG books in 2014
  • discuss them at The Midnight Garden monthly
  • post reviews on my blog
They have already read The Golden Compass and The Luckiest Girl. I have the former and have been thinking about re-reading it anyhow.

The Anne of Green Gables Readalong Discussion was April 25th, 2014. My review is linked below.

The A Wrinkle in Time Readalong Discussion was on May 30th, 2014. I didn't play - both because I was seriously underwhelmed by my re-read and becuase I was sick.

The Westing Game Readalong Discussion is on June 27th, 2014. 

I don't have a list yet but will post links here as I read the books and post reviews. This list will be both Classic books for Midnight Garden plus the other books that I am inspired to read due to this challenge. 

1. The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken
2. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
3. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
4. Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster
5. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
6. The Secret of Platform 13 by Eva Ibbotson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.