Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon Hour 0 – Kick Off Meme



1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
       From the Northeastern United States - Western New York

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
      I am not that organized - I didn't pick specific books to read. Instead I have a whole bunch of books piled around me that I might read and I look forward to lots of them.  I am also going to read several books to my daughter. My son plans to read The Invention of Hugo Cabret (he loves that book).

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
      We are going to have some toasted cheese bread- yum !

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
   I am Earth Scientist (mostly environmental stuff) and I just started blogging this year (for fun not work - I have done lots of webstuff for work). The idea originally was to have the kids do short book reviews to help them with restating themes and expressing their opinions. I had so much fun that I started doing lots of book blogging myself, though I am still trying to convince the kids to do more. 

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
   This is my first read-a-thon!  The thing I am looking forward to is ... getting to do some reading!  We are off to a slightly awkward start - I was explaining about the read-a-thon to the kids. So as we were getting ready for bed my daughter walks up with a big pile of books and starts reading titles and describing them to me. I asked if they were for the read-a-thon and she said yes.  But then she climbed into bed with them and handed me one.  "Do you want me to read them now ?" "Yes!" "But the read-a-thon is tomorrow." "You can read them to me again tomorrow!"  O-o

So we read Button Soup, The Princess who Never Laughed, Brer Rabbit and his Friends, Disney Jungle Book and There's a Wocket in my Pocket before she finally would go to sleep.

And I handed my son a book to read - thinking that he could wake up in the morning and pick it up to read - he read the whole thing before going to bed last night.

Now - I am going to pick up something and read! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.