Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon


I have just had a temporary attack of insanity and have signed up for Dewey's 24 hour Read-a-thon. I was behaving myself with the realization that I would not have the time and/or focus to do a Read-a-thon, much less one that can involve staying up for 24 hours, but this has been such a disappointing week that I lost my marbles and signed up this morning. Or at least I tried to, the linky stuff was all down. But, I am pretty sure that I am signed up now so I will be gearing myself up to do something readerly for as much of the 26th as I can.

My plan is to include the kids as much as possible - reading books to them, with them and probably getting something new for my son to read.  We might also spend part of the day hanging out at either the library or the bookstore.

So - FUN read-a-thon:

This will involve kids books like Half Upon a Time by James Riley
and graphic novels like Giants Beware by Jorge Aguirre and Rafael Rosado
and if I am feeling really inspired I might read something grownup. 

This will also have to involve snacks! I am crossing my fingers and hoping that this works out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.