Saturday, April 26, 2014

Readathon Hour 12 — Mid Event Meme! You’re Halfway There!

1. What are you reading right now?
Half Upon a Time by James Riley

2. How many books have you read so far?
I have completed three books. My son completed one. 

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon
I am not sure. I think I might try Cress. I also am sort of looking forward to reading more of Packing for Mars. I also might get the e-book of Nine Goblins by T. Kingfisher (really Ursula Vernon).

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Haa ha ha Haaaa ! Who says I freed up my whole day ?  I have been keeping the kids entertained, doing dishing, making lunch, washing laundry, picking up my son from his play date and mostly doing it all one handed (not the driving though). 

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Um yes - see above - I dealt with most things one handed.  

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
This is my first read-a-thon and I signed up too late for any cheerleaders so honestly I am feeling a distinct lack of community.  When I participated in Bout of Books in January I felt way more connected. I have visited Twitter some but can't really keep up with it and do any reading too.  This seems pretty lonely really.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not really - I don't know enough about it yet since this is my first time. 

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
See if the grandparents could watch the kids - they are really tired and cranky today - it is cold and sleeting so they can't play outside and so the combined effect of cabin fever and general tiredness means there is lots of screaming and fighting today - way more than normal which is making it rather hard to concentrate on reading, sigh. 

9. Are you getting tired yet?
I started tired. 

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I haven't even figured out what works well for me yet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.